Applicants Apply Externally No
Who May Reach Out: Recruiters/Agencies on HealthHires May Contact Us
Position Open To People With Disabilities Yes
Patrick Family Dental Care, the progressive and upbeat office of Dr. Leslie & Alex Patrick and colleagues, is seeking an excellent candidate who desires to join a top-notch clinical team member and grow their career. Our close-knit and busy team is comprised of multiple doctors and support staff. We are seeking more eager go-getter to work closely with our Dental Hygiene team to help them maximize their efficiency and provide the best patient experience.
Most of those on our talented team, prior to finding our office, did not work in dentistry. As much as we appreciate prior dental experience, we’ve discovered that finding the right person to join our “family-like” work group is key to teamwork and maintaining our harmonious workplace. If you possess the right set of foundation skills, we can provide the education and training “on the job” for you to become a high skilled assistant to our hygiene team.
Who can apply? If you have prior dental experience, a bachelor’s degree in a “science or people” focused major, are a surgical tech, medical assistant…. please, apply! Those with steady track records in restaurant, retail, or general business who possess an eager interest to direct their career into healthcare – are also qualified to apply. If you have prior training or experience in dentistry, a stable work history and excellent references, you are welcomed to apply.
To be considered as a qualified candidate for this position, we additionally require:
- Excellent writing skills: sentence structure, spelling and accurate composition so that clinical notes describing patient services are charted accurately.
- Computer skills: fast and accurate keyboarding for efficient record documentation.
- Computer aptitude: a mind geared towards technology and eager attitude to fully optimize software.
- Customer service skills: professional, sincere and empathetic posture towards patient care.
- Hardwired for teamwork.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Passionate desire to work in the healthcare field and help others.
- Interest in dental anatomy and biology: Must like teeth!
- Stability, reliability, dependability.
- High energy and able-bodied to comfortably and frequently move from sitting, bending, and walking throughout your day.
After training, duties include:
- Greet and seat patients.
- Conversing and creating meaningful relationships with patients to foster the family/friends culture of our practice.
- Educate patients about treatment and preventive care.
- Provide expanded duty dental services as governed by the Georgia Board of Dentistry including taking x-rays and making dental impressions.
- Become cross trained to cover other areas to help out when in a pinch!
- Participate in continuing education programs
- Manage instruments, set up and break down rooms for procedures
- Be a representative of the office outside of the office
- Have a rewarding career within an office that you can grow, steady employment and a job you’ll love.
This is a permanent position, 40 hours / week M-F. No evenings, no weekends!
If you have no dental experience, you can influence and increase your earnings by dedicating yourself to mastering the skills taught to you!
We offer excellent, competitive and rewarding compensation and benefits too including employer paid contribution towards medical insurance, 401K, vacation, uniforms, and holidays! And, the intangible: Everyday, we leave work knowing the positive impact we made in the lives of others.