Applicants Apply Externally Yes
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Onsite Health Educator – Cigna Onsite Health
At Cigna, we listen to , advocate for , and collaborate with our customers to empower them to identify their health goals and own their solutions.
This role is all about demonstrating daily support of Consumer Health Engagement Cultural Beliefs. Our Onsite Health Educators and RN Health Coaches are the linchpins to ensure we achieve better health outcomes for our customers. They focus on key areas of partnership including:
- Customer Strong – Make a WOW difference for our customers
- Me to We – Take accountability to trust, collaborate and partner
- Own It! See a need and act
- Be Bold: Challenge the status quo
- Listen to Advocate: What matters to you, matters to us
- Think it Through: Proactively deliver solutions focused on doing the right thing
Sound like you? Great! Here’s more on how you’ll make a difference :
- Provide onsite face-to-face customer coaching and support
- Identify customer health education needs through targeted health assessment activities.
- Collaborate with customers to establish health improvement plans, set personalized evidence-based goals, and support customers in achieving those goals.
- Empower customers to become an active participant in their own health outcomes.
Assist Customer in overcoming barriers to better health
- Lead and support a variety of Health and wellness promotional activities, such as group coaching, wellness challenges and Health related seminars.
- May perform biometric screenings, including finger sticks, blood pressure, body composition, etc.
- Utilize biometric values and motivational interviewing techniques to collaborate with customer to drive to improve clinical outcomes.
- Provide support for health-related site events, which include open enrollment, wellness committee facilitation, flu shot events, health fairs, etc.
- Additionally the candidate will be responsible for the adoption and demonstration of the Consumer Health Engagement cultural beliefs. They will be responsible for role modeling the six cultural beliefs to drive personal accountability and organizational results.
What we expect from you :
- Strong Clinical skills with at least 3 or more years of experience health coaching, health education and health promotion
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- High energy level, with dynamic presentation skills is required.
- Positive role model in demonstrating healthy behaviors
- Passion for health improvement
- Ability to work independently
- Customer-centric focus
- Ability to proactively collaborate professionally with the client and other matrix partners.
- Understand and own a variety of clinical targets and outcome measurements. Develop action plans that drive clinical value for the customers and clients.
- Proven administrative abilities, with strong computer and software application skills.
Bonus points for :
- Registered Dietitian
- CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist)
- Motivational interviewing training/experience.
- Smoking cessation and diabetes experience.
This role is based in the office in New York City, NY with occasional trips to Nutley, NJ.
Cigna is committed to a healthy work force. New hires must complete a background check, drug and nicotine screen to be employed in this role.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status.