Applicants Apply Externally No
Veritas Management Group (“VMG”) has an immediate opening for an experienced
Health Communication Specialist I (HCS I) to support the CDC’s National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC). This is a part-time position. The HCS I will work one day per week at the CDC and is eligible to telework one additional day per week. The HCS I will perform the following tasks:
· Write and produce plain language (clear communication) digital, graphic, and video content and messages for identified target audiences in an agreed upon format.
o Communication products may include targeted high-quality and innovative prevention messages, infographics, social media messages, graphics, short videos/gifs appropriate for social media, and copy that will be meaningful, memorable, and motivational for target audiences.
o This will require creating culturally tailored messages, and new visual graphics/infographics for upcoming data releases on Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) data, including ACEs data from BRFSS, opt-in internets panels, and other sources. The ACEs’ technical package, a compilation of the best available evidence on prevention strategies will provide key messages on prevention approaches.
o Key messages to be communicated are that ACEs are preventable through assuring safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments for all children, which helps to create the conditions for strong, thriving families and communities where children are free from harm.
o Message testing and evaluation may be required.
· Develop a streamlined work plan that highlights milestones, deadlines and key deliverables.
Minimum Qualifications and Education:
· Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communication, Marketing or related field and preferably a M.P.H. or M.B.A. with major study in an academic field relating to the health communication or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position and experience working in a public health setting:
o 1-2 years of experience writing messages/content for social media;
o 1-2 years of public health experience preferred;
o Strong oral and written communication skills;
o Ability to complete research via internet;
o Message testing and evaluation is preferred but not required;
o Skill in use of various office automation, hardware, and software components and packages (e.g., word processing, electronic mail, schedulers, spreadsheets, databases, tables and graphs);
o Knowledge of software functions to produce a wide range of documents, such as graphics or tables within text, to edit/revise electronic submissions, and to edit/revise existing databases or spreadsheets;
o Knowledge of the principles, methods practices, and techniques of written and verbal communication;
o Skill in communication techniques to gather and disseminate information and communication problems and results;
o The ability to work well with others and manage multiple tasks, with good organizational skills;
o Writing samples are required.
Start Date: Currently open
Work Location: Atlanta, GA; CDC Chamblee Campus
- ****All applicants will need to provide proof of prior experience by answering the following questions: *
1) Do you have 1-2 years of experience writing content for social media messages for clients? If so please identify the client and describe the content you created, including the social media channel.
2) Do you have 1-2 years of experience creating health communication products for clients. If so please describe in detail.
VMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Part-time
- creating health communication products: 1 year (Required)
- writing content for social media messages: 1 year (Required)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Monday to Friday